Saturday, December 8, 10-1
- Bring a quilt and learn how to make and attach a binding.
- You will be shown:
- how to attach binding to the front of your quilt
- make perfect mitered corners
- how to hand sew the binding to the back of your quilt using a blind hem stitch.
- Instructor: Judy Henrikson
- Small quilt top [at least: 16" x 32", no larger than 48" x 48"] or layered and quilted muslin sandwich ready for binding [17" x 26"]
- Pre-cut 2.5" binding strips, sewn together into a continuous strip.
- Sewing machine you are familiar with and in good working order
- Walking Foot [required]
- Thread for your machine to attach binding to quilt top
- Rotary cutter/mat/ruler
- Needles—I use Straw Needles, size 10 (available at the shop)
- Thread to match your binding
- Binding clips or Clover Clips
- Thimble or Needle Grip-It 2 (available at the shop)
Please call the shop with any questions 603.870.8100
Instructor: Judy Henrikson